Monday 19 December 2011

Vanilla Snowmen Cupcakes with Vanilla Frosting


I spotted these adorable snowmen cupcakes on Skinnytaste and knew I had to make them. Perfect timing for a potluck for an Ugly Christmas Sweater party on Saturday night. I do admit it was very time consuming to decorate all 24 of them but doing something different and fun with cupcakes was well worth it. I used red sprinkles and marshallows for the toque, Reese's Pieces for the eyes, both Candy Corn and Jelly Bellies for the nose and Chocolate Chips for the mouth. These are a great idea for the kids to have fun with, and not only are they super cute but yummy too. I also have to mention that the vanilla icing recipe on this website was nothing short of perfect. It had the right thickness so the candies would stick and I would definitely use it again for anything else that calls for a sweet vanilla frosting.




    
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment