Wednesday 7 September 2011

Banana Sour Cream Bread

        

I have a secret soft spot for any kind of bread with butter. However, making my own just seems too timely. I had a few frozen over riped bananas which needed to be used up and I wasn't too thrilled about making the same boring banana bread. I also just got back from a weekend in OK Falls and have not had time to hit the grocery store. So, it was a matter of finding some ingredient in the kitchen that I had on hand and that would spice up a banana loaf. Sour Cream is what I came up with. I used this recipe to create a yummy loaf and I used almonds on top instead of walnuts. (I love walnuts however these weren't in the kitchen either.) I was pleasantly surprised by how easy it was to make and the tangy taste with a settle sweetness was a nice change. 

        


        
  
Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. My freezer is stuffed with black bananas, I should really make this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let's see if my brain skills will finally allow me to post a comment. YUM! this loaf looks SO yummy Britt, I would never have thought to add Sour Cream but have to give it a go now. Whats the trick to having the inside of the loaf cook all the way through? Mine always seems to brown on the outside and stay sogg city on the inside?! Keep the recipes coming, I'm starting a list of "must make" from your blog. You're so inspiring!! XOXO
    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Amber!! No trick really, just let it cook for the instructed time. I always poke through the loaf with a skewer and if it comes out clean, after the cooked time, then its usually good to go.

    ReplyDelete